One Pot Beef & Macaroni
One Pot Beef & Macaroni by Ada (@nymomlife)
- 1lb lean ground beef (we use ground chuck 80/20 lean to fat ratio)
- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato pasta
- 2 (15oz) can diced tomato
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 (24 oz) meatless pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Cook until browned.
- Lower heat to medium, add chopped onions, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste, cook for 1 minutes, stir often.
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the pot.
- Raise heat to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Then, lower the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni to the pot, cover and cook the macaroni in the sauce for 12 minutes or until tender. Stir macaroni often.
- Top the beef and macaroni with shredded cheese.
ON THE MENU
- Beef and macaroni
- Pineapple and grapes
- Steam broccoli
- Cheese sandwich crackers