Use and Care Instructions
Before You Begin
- Hand wash with warm, soapy water and let everything dry completely
- Handwashing is best! The high and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage OmieBox® . Gentle washing keeps your OmieBox® in tip top shape so you can enjoy it for a long time.
- Install your lid seal to make your OmieBox® leakproof. Watch this video to see how.
While You're Packing
- Wet foods (soup, yogurt) go in the Thermos!
- First fill it with hot (or cold) water and let stand with lid off for 5 minutes. Then empty. Be careful with hot water!\
- Twist the securing insert around the Thermos in a clockwise direction. Skip this step if you’re not planning to put the Thermos inside OmieBox®
To seal, hold the Thermos with one hand & the lid with your other hand. Twist the lid into the Thermos in a clockwise direction.
- The side compartments are great for dry foods (crackers, carrot
- sticks) but you can pack moist items here too. Just make sure there’s < 1 tsp of liquid in each compartment.
- To close OmieBox®, fold down the lid and latch it. Use the palms of your hands to push down on the box lid once it’s closed. This will activate the lid seal.
- The divider is great for keeping peas away from carrots but its sub-sections are not leakproof.
- Don’t put your OmieBox® in the microwave or freezer!
After You're Done
- Always hand wash with non-abrasive sponge.
- Be sure to remove the lid seal and gasket for cleaning everyday. They get icky if you miss this step. Make sure you let it dry completely before
- Make sure you re-assemble the o-ring gasket before you use the thermos lid.
- Always hand wash with non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to remove the lid seal and gasket for cleaning everyday. They get icky if you miss this step. Make sure you let it dry completely before
- When not using, store OmieBox® without lid seal.
- Lose something? Don’t worry - we have lots of spare parts for sale on our website. Check the Accessories > Spare Parts section.