Pork Bolognese by Rossini (@tinatakeslunch)
Makes 4 servings
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- 18 ounces ground pork sausage
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add spaghetti. Cook until al dente, 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat a bit of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant.
- Add marinara to sausage mixture, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until flavors meld and sauce has slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add drained spaghetti, ½ cup for pasta water, and 2 tablespoons butter to pan with meat and sauce. Toss to thoroughly combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 😋