Pulled Pork 3 Ways
Pulled Pork 3 Ways by @candidcooksblog
Make your favorite pulled pork recipe at home (or buy it pre-made from the store) and transform it into 3 unique meals for the week!
We love to make pulled pork in our slow cooker - just add a little bit of water and some seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika, and cook on low overnight until it's tender and falls apart. A 3.5 lb boneless pork shoulder should yield about 1.5 to 2 lbs of pulled pork after removing the fat, which will get you about 6 to 8 meals.
Meal 1: BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Warm the pork in a frying pan over medium heat, then stir in 1-2 tbsp of your favorite barbecue sauce and 1-2 tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook until the cheese melts, then spoon onto King's Hawaiian rolls.
- Top with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce if desired.
- Sides: crackers, fresh fruits and veggies.
Meal 2: Carnitas Burrito Bowl
- Steam brown rice.
- Drain and rinse canned black beans and defrost frozen corn, then combine in a bowl with some lime juice and salt to make a black bean corn salsa.
- Dice tomatoes, red onion, and jalapeno.
- Add brown rice to the big OmieGo BIO container, then top with pulled pork and a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce. Pack black bean corn salsa, diced tomato, onion, and pepper, and a side of tortilla chips in the smaller containers.
- When you're ready to eat, microwave the burrito bowl and then top with fresh veggies.
Meal 3: DIY Pork Tacos
- Fold three 4-inch street taco tortillas so they fit in the big OmieGo BIO container with a serving of pulled pork.
- Pack shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and hot sauce packets in the smaller containers.
- When you're ready to eat, microwave the tortillas and pork before assembling your DIY tacos.