Vegetarian Spaghetti with Plant-Based Meat Sauce
Hi all! I'm Joy from Live, Create, Decorate! Today I'm going to share my recipe for vegetarian spaghetti with plant-based meat sauce! The ingredients are listed below, and I hope you'll try it out!
- 12 oz box of spaghetti
- 1 and 1/2 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 and 1/2 packages of impossible ground meat
- Seasonings to taste:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Olive oil
- First cook your pasta according to the boxed directions. Then you'll drain it, toss it in olive oil and set aside.
- Add a half a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and heat, add your plant based meat and cook until brown.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and onion powder.
- Add one jar of your favorite pasta sauce to your plant based meat. I like to use Bertolli's organic olive oil, basil and garlic pasta sauce.
- Toss that until it's all mixed in while leaving it on low heat.
- Toss your spaghetti noodles with half a jar of pasta sauce and then combine with meat mixture.
- Serve while hot and top with grated parmesan cheese. (if you want to make this recipe vegan simply omit the cheese at the end).
- You also have the option to meal prep this dish, as it will keep for up to 7 days in the fridge.
- We also love having it for lunch throughout the week!
- A tip to help feed your little ones is, after preheating your Omie thermos with hot water, chop up their pasta before heating so that it fits perfectly in their Omie thermos, and allows them to take the perfect mess free bite! Enjoy!