Homemade Hot Pockets
Homemade Hot Pockets by Brianna (@thesocialbitee)
Treat the kiddos to a healthier homemade version of store-bought Hot Pockets!
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 2-3 slices of deli meat (your choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your favorite variety)
- 1 tablespoon warm butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Unroll the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Roll it out slightly, focusing on the edges to form a rectangular shape.
- Use a knife or shaped sandwich cutters to cut even squares from the rolled-out dough, ensuring they are large enough to fold over.
- Cut the deli meat into thin strips and place them on one half of each cut-out dough square.
- Layer shredded cheese on top of the deli meat.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling, creating a pocket shape. Press the edges together and use a fork to seal the pocket closed.
- Mix the Italian seasoning into the warm melted butter.
- Brush the melted butter mixture over the tops of the pockets.
- Sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top of each pocket.
- Repeat the above steps for each pocket.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Once the oven is heated, place the prepared pockets on a lightly greased baking pan to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pockets are golden brown.
- Allow the pockets to cool slightly before consuming, as the cheese will be hot.
If you don't plan to eat the home pockets immediately, you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer and enjoy them later.
Enjoy your delicious homemade home pockets – a tasty and convenient treat for any time of the day!