Sweet Potato Waffles
Sweet Potato Waffles by Jesslyn (@crafty_mama_house)
This unique take on waffles made with sweet potato puree is a delicious and nutritious breakfast for lunch!
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil/coconut oil
- ¾ cup flour/ half whole wheat
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder * optional
- Mash or blend steamed sweet potatoes with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Combine the sweet potato puree with milk, egg and oil, and mix until completely combined.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until just combined.
- Cook on a greased waffle maker until cooked through. On my waffle maker, this was 4-5 minutes (depending on your waffle maker).